Programs Doesnt Launch

Jan 27, 2012 at 3:30 AM

I just had to redo my system over from scratch , so working with a clean install of windows 7 pro 64b ..

I downloaded the G15 Zune thing , unzipped into the zune folder and retired to run it and just says program has stopped working looking for fixes and never loads or anything ..

Any thoughts ? would love to get this working as i listen to music alot on the zune player ..

thanks

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 9:07 AM

Hi, as I understand the G15 app was running fine on your system, before you re-installed win7?

With no further info I would say it could be a wrong Logitech LCD driver version (which one are you using? Logitech Gaming Software 8.20.74 should be the current version, the legacy driver should work, too). I guess you are using the latest Zune Software 4.8.2345.0?

Anyway the standard error detection in Windows is always a pain, at least with managed .NET applications like Zune LCD it could be much improved and show you the correct exception because it fails to work and then you could copy it to the developers..

What you could do is copy the error report from the Windows Event Log, you can find it from the Windows Control Panel and search for "event" or just search on the Start Menu for "eventvwr.msc" and run it, click on Windows Logs -> Application and look for "Windows Error Reporting" with level "Information" (don't ask me why it's not logged as an error..). You could start the "ZuneLcdMonochrome.exe" right before you search for the log entry to find it easily or search for CTRL-F for "zunelcd" in the Event Viewer. I think its best to copy the Details in XML View to this discussion thread.

I can't think of an easier way, sorry.

Alex

Jan 27, 2012 at 6:16 PM

Sorry Alex ,

I am an idiot at times .. i didnt have the g15 software running .. DUH !!!!!

started it up and works fine now ..

but is there a way to repogram the buttons , i would live it if buttons would do next song or last song .. if that makes sense ..

thanks ..

Coordinator
Jan 27, 2012 at 7:11 PM

The button mapping is hard coded at the moment (so you can't change it, sorry).

I get this question sometimes, but I still don't get why you would use the display buttons to change the track if you could use the media keys on the G15 (or are you using a G13 or something?), I mean this button here: http://farm1.staticflickr.com/212/486320819_b656a64763_z.jpg

If you really want to use the LCD keys for that, I could change the button mapping for you (it's done in 10 secs, but I need to recompile the EXE and send it to you), but off course there are only 4 buttons available and the current functions on that buttons will be replaced then..

Alex