Crashing on G19

Oct 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Thank you for this fantastic idea for an app.

I have a problem where it will crash as soon as I launch the ZuneLcdColor.exe

Running the monochrome and the debug work fine.

Zune Software Version: 4.8.2345.0

Logitech Gaming Software Version: 8.01.120

Logitech G19 LCD Driver Version: 3.3.107.0

Windows 7 x64 SP1

The application appears to start briefly then it will crash - I suspect it's to do with a lack of album art - but I am not sure at this stage.

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2011 at 8:57 AM

Hi, sorry for my late response...

the app shouldn't crash if there is no album art (and it never did for me), so there must be another problem.

I can't say what the problem is from here, but you may try to update your Lgitech LCD driver to the new version 8.x or is there any particular case why you would stick to the legacy one? It should work fine with the legacy driver, but you never know, here is the link to the Logitech Gaming Software http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/4956?softwareid=7864&osid=14&section=downloads

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM

I installed the above software as suggested - however I am still experiencing the same issue.

If I run ZuneLCDMonochrome - The software works as expected. (on the G13)

On the G19 - the Application doesn't show at all. - Once enabled in the software - The Monochrome Software works as expected.

When Launching the ZuneLCDAPIDebug.exe everything works as expected.

When launching ZuneLCDColor however - I get Windows Debug "Zune LCD Color has stopped Working" The Zune software itself stays open for about 10-15 seconds - but then will close.

I am going to try and unplug the G13 and see if that makes any difference.

The Icon for ZuneLCDColor has the Administrator Sheild on it (which is strange - as it is the only .exe file that does from ZuneLCD -all the other apps do not have Administrator Sheild) - ZuneLCDMonochrome.exe / ZuneLCDApiDebug.exe

Nov 7, 2011 at 8:56 AM

Ok - Issue was resolved - If I have the G13 unplugged - then the application works as expected.

Seems to be falling over if there is another "G" device that has an LCD screen plugged in as well.

Whilst I am not using the G13 at the moment - ideally I would like to use that at some stage as well. - any chance you can catch this issue in some manner?

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2012 at 2:39 PM

I'm currently working on a fix for that issue. It has something to do with the Logitech LCD driver update, I think there might be a bug in the LCD library I'm using.

Well the fixed version should be out in a few days, so you guys with a G19 + G13 can use it together again. I never run into that issue because I only own my old G15 and G19 and never use 2 Logitech LCD devices on the same PC.

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2012 at 7:08 PM

Ok I've fixed that bug and the Zune LCD applet should now work for all users who are using the G19 with aditional Logitech LCD devices (like the G13 or Z10).

Please download the latest version.